I’d like to share some tips with parents on how to know when you are really ready to change your child’s sleep habits for the better. You know that you want your baby to sleep better, and you kinda have a rough idea how it would be like. But how do you know for sure?
1. You have discussed with your spouse and the two of you are absolutely positive that you want to make a change. If one of you are not on board with change, it will most likely end up in failure and frustration.
2. You are ready to commit and follow through the sleep plan with absolute consistency.
3. You have very clear goals to achieve, such as “for my baby to stay asleep for at least 4 to 5 hours until the next night feed” for example.
4. You are aware that there will likely be some protest and tears, so even a small inconsistency can cause much more frustration and confusion for the child.
5. You are willing to work with a rough “schedule” or framework if you really want a...